It's been awhile since we did a full-on cooking show, and many of our regulars have acquired a growing amount of cooking gadgets and essentials. So we decided to do our biggest cooking show yet, with Shelly Brisbin, Ricky Enger, J.J., and the podcast debut of regular contributor Tangela Mahaffey.
In the Kitchen with the BBQ Crew
This episode brings you audio from our test kitchens and homes across America as we endeavor to cook a variety of meals. No matter your cooking experience, we trust there will be something in this episode for you. Here's links to many of the products and services we mentioned:
All prices from Amazon are as of the time of posting.
- Shelly says you need to be a bit patient for sous vide cooking, but it can be well worth the wait. She uses the Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano - $129
- JJ recommends the Secura Air Fryer XL 5.3 Quart 1700-Watt Electric Hot Air Fryer - $69.45
You can cook healthy dinners, or just make lots of bacon.
- Ricky, who has a knack for finding awesome products that are about to be discontinued, makes hummus using the Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor - $174.56
It still looks to be in stock as of this writing, so you may want to jump on this one quickly. You can also get the hummus recipe from Inspired taste that inspired Ricky.
- Tangela gives us a Blue Apron accessibility review.
You don't need to be an expert cook, and that, in fact, is one of Blue Apron's strengths, if you can fit the cost of their meals into your budget.
- It slices, it dices. No actually, the Ninja Foodi just does a lot of things, and Ricky is a fan, as long as you remember the preset times for various functions. She uses the Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More - $147.60
Check out these ULTRA Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas from SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON.
Shelly speaks highly of the Cuisinart CSB-79 Smart Stick 2 Speed Hand Blender, Stainless Steel/Black - $89.99
And we bring back the old debate. Regular InstantPot, or a Wi-Fi model. With the price of the Wi-Fi model much lower than before, it gets a bit more interesting.
Ricky has the Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker - $89.99
J.J. stands by his trusty Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker - $79
So we've shared what's cooking at our house. What are you having, and what's your favorite accessible gadget? Sound off in the comments.
Listen to the File
File size: 74MB
- Download the file
- Listen using our Enhanced Accessible Web Player
- Download our Blind Bargains Apps to listen from your phone or tablet
Check out our audio index for more exclusive content
Blind Bargains Audio RSS Feed
This content is the property of Blind Bargains and may not be redistributed without permission. If you wish to link to this content, please do not link to the audio files directly.Category: Shows
No one has commented on this post.
You must be logged in to post comments.
Or Forgot username or password?
Register for free
J.J. Meddaugh is an experienced technology writer and computer enthusiast. He is a graduate of Western Michigan University with a major in telecommunications management and a minor in business. When not writing for Blind Bargains, he enjoys travel, playing the keyboard, and meeting new people.