Blind Bargains

Get in Free to National Parks with Proof of Disability

If you're planning a trip to a federal recreation site or one of our many National Parks, then you can get your free pass for life with proof of your disability. According to a post in Positively Naperville, "When you visit a federal recreation site or national park, just present some documentation of disability status and ask for the free Access Pass. Documentation includes a physician’s statement, or a document issued by a state or federal agency like the Veteran’s Administration, proof of Social Security Disability Income or Supplemental Security Income, or a letter from a vocational rehabilitation agency. The pass gives you and three adults free admission to national parks around the country."

To learn more about this program, or to find out where National Parks are located, visit the National Park Service website.

Source: Go to source
Category: Services

No one has commented on this post.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Username or Email:
Keep me logged in on this computer

Or Forgot username or password?
Register for free

For the past three years Alena has been a feature writer for the online magazine Matilda Ziegler. She has also been a contractor for the Oregon Commission for the Blind, helping blind adults learn to use adaptive technology. She is studying to be a teacher of the visually impaired at Portland State. You might also recognize her from the Serotalk podcast Triple Click Home.

Copyright 2006-2023, A T Guys, LLC.